The Women Cell at P.N.Das College was started with the aim of empowering and orienting women to recognize their true potential and to help them attain their own stand in a competing world. Its goal is the overall development of women in all spheres of their life. It also helps in creating awareness about important issues related to women and provides a forum for discussion and deliberation on a range of issues from empowerment to environment.
University Grants Commission (UGC) recommends the measures for ensuring the safety of women and programs for gender sensitization on campuses. According to UGC, the recommendations include the need for setting up Women’s Development Cell and Anti-Sexual Harassment Cell at colleges and universities.
To empower women in all spheres of life enabling them to become agents of social and economic change and inculcating ethical values for the betterment of self, family and society. P.N.Das College also strives to create a platform where all women can express their needs and priorities, where every women is respected and is able to achieve their potential, without harm and discrimination.
To train women to acquire wide range of skills and knowledge, to develop and increase their social, economic and intellectual capacities for peace, security and prosperity of mankind.
To enlighten the women students and employees about their legal right and to strive towards the empowerment of the women through the promotion of gender amity and programmes concerning women welfare
- To sensitize the P.N.DAS College community on gender equity issues through organizing sensitivity programmes like seminars, publishing handouts etc.
- To promote general harmony and prevent discrimination of women and sexual harassment in the institutes by providing practical suggestions to the administration from time to time.
- To deal with any instance of discrimination of women or sexual harassment by an employer or students in respect of any other employee or students of the college.
- To make students aware of Gender Equity.
- To help students to change their mindset and attitude towards life in terms of women.
- To build a society with social and economic gender equality as envisaged in the Indian Constitution through social service.
- To reach out to women in the rural areas and make them aware of their social rights
- To equip Students to stand against gender violence and gender discrimination.
- To create awareness, instil values and develop the personality and leadership quality.
- Regular meetings.
- Regular Counselling.
- Regular Medical checkups.
- Seminar on women centric issues.
- Celebrating International Women’s Day.
- Working for women outside the campus.
- Visit to remote areas to study the plight of women in the context of environment and society.
- Regular participation of girl students in cultural, sports, literary etc activities.
- Training Programmes eg. Self Defence, Baking, Drama etc for Girl Students, and awareness programmes on women.
|CONVENOR ||COMMITTEE MEMBERS
|Smt. Kakoli Sen Banerjee
||Dr. Basumita Tarafdar
|Dr. Sutapa Bhattacharyya
|Dr. Mohasin Mallick
|Dr. Madhuchhanda Lahari
|Smt. Dipa Chakraborty